Wednesday 2 May 2018

All that we are

As I complete my Bachelor of Education, I am now looking forward into another exciting chapter of my life. But I have also been feeling the tug of looking back from where I've come. It can be a difficult thing to process going back to school as an adult, changing directions mid-life. My mother once asked if I regretted not doing this 20 years ago, as though I may have wasted those years now that I've come back to the spot in which I once stood.

However, I'm coming to realize that all that I am, all that I will be going forward, is a culmination of where I've come. This week I received an offer to collaborate on an exciting project that directly requires my training in film. The collaboration will be with an inspirational partner about a subject I am deeply passionate. As I step into teaching I don't expect my career will be traditional (nothing I have ever done has been) and this opportunity will fit right into that vision. And I wouldn't be embarking on it without the years of experience in film.

It's interesting to consider "all that I am" and to see and wonder how it will piece together for this next part of the journey. Will I draw on my musical background? Theatre? Film? Travel? Languages? Writing? Mathematic competitions? Field hockey, volleyball or soccer? Church leadership? Motherhood?

No comments: