Tuesday 9 January 2018

I choose you

I had a little slip of a memory come to mind today when I read a post online. The writer said that one day when her little baby fell asleep on her chest, she chose to just sit there and rest with her wee one instead of tending to the large pile of laundry to fold.

I can't say I often struggled to "choose laundry" or chores over much else. My early days of motherhood were utterly exhausting between major food allergic reactions and children too smart to ever sleep. Most days I chose just to stay perfectly still with a sleeping baby on my chest because I was not going to risk anything that might wake them.

And still, I remember those moments, a tiny little body curled up into mine, feeling the gentle beat of of their heart, smelling the warmth of their head. I spent hours, hours, hours, with a sleeping baby on me, and I loved every single minute of it. I'm so grateful to have such a flood of memories because I chose just to sit with you.

No comments: