Monday 27 April 2015

Title: bold and underlined

One of my favourite things is to open a new word document file, and write a title in the centre, bold and underlined.  Then I press "return" twice and tab in to a new paragraph.

I have done this countless, countless, countless times.  I have new story and novel and book and screenplay ideas daily.  At least once a week I have an idea that is really worth sitting down over.  At least once a month I actually sit down and go through the ritual of opening a new document as described above.

These days, however, most of the files remain unfinished and collect digital dust.

I'm about to start again, and I wish I could figure out why I can't follow through to the end.  (Is it perhaps that I'm raising four young busy children and my brain can't seem to function after 8pm anymore?)  I also know that I generally have trouble with the follow-through on projects.  I'm all fired up at the beginning but I can't seem to slog through the tough muddy parts to the glorious home-stretch and finish.  Somehow new ideas fill up the space that should be dedicated to enduring to the end.

One of these days I'll finish one of these projects.  Until then, I'll just keep continuing to bold and underline my best intentions.

No comments: