Tuesday 1 April 2014

Writing, editing, publishing


Well, that happened.

This week the book Motherhood Realized was released.  I have an essay on motherhood published in it.  I haven't yet received my copy, but it's on its way.  Seeing my words, my name, in print will be really cool.

But even better was being on the email chain of the writers.  For the past two weeks I've been receiving emails from our publisher, encouraging us to promote the book and updating us on sales and success.



That #27?  That's the best seller ranking on all of Amazon.com.  Yep, we broke into the top 100.

Now, day in and day out, I'm feeling the desire to write.  The funny thing is, I don't even know what it is I want to write.  I have some really solid non-fiction ideas, plus some anthology leads, and the moreI read fiction the more I just want to write a story.  I know writers usually start with a passion for a story they want to tell, but me, I just feel like I have words bubbling up and over that need a blank page on which to land.

Of course, right now, it's not happening.  While Juliette is not sleeping at night, I'm not sleeping at night, which means my days pass in a fog.  Any free time I do have usually ends up in a mindless passage of wasted time.  I can't seem to focus my mind on being creative in the least when I'm so depleted.  But I keep telling myself that all these wonderful things I want to do don't have to be done right now.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!
Bonnie