Wednesday 6 June 2012

Pregnancy dreams

Pregnancy dreams, or rather nightmares, are always a nightly ride.  I generally don't have good dreams to begin with, but they are usually really extreme and in no way related to my every day life (think wars, special ops, police forces, etc.)  But pregnancy dreams, especially as of late, always involve situations very close to me (including my kids, my friends, and events going on around me.)

One thing that's also been very prevalent has been my inability to keep my eyes open in the dreams.  It must be happening towards the end, when my body is hovering between dreamland and reality.  And yet my mind still insists on being in the dream, the result of which is asleep me trying to walk around and accomplish things with my eyes shut tight.  Very strange feeling indeed.

On the other side of the coin, at least it means I'm sleeping.  Although sometimes it's a curse more than a blessing.  The past 3 days my medications have gotten the better of me (they cause severe drowsiness) and I've been drifting in and out of sleep for most of the day and night.  James jokes that he wishes he could do the same, but it's a very odd feeling.  I literally can't keep my eyes open, even if I wanted (or had) to.  Luckily Benjamin has been cooperating with naptime so I don't get too nervous about dropping off.

I wonder how things will be when the new baby comes?  I wonder how long it will take my body to get back to normal?


(Post script - dreams returned to normal last night.  I was on a one month safari in the Amazon jungle for research for a new video game I was developing.  Yep - that's normal in my dreamland!)

No comments: