Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentines Day

Since we really celebrated all week last week, Valentines wasn't a big deal here. We signed store-bought valentines with the boys for their classmates, with promises of something with a treat in it next year.

(The boys are so understanding with the way things are right now, and I'm so appreciative of it. I know this upheaval of things could have resulted in a lot of reactive negative behaviour. Instead, Colin has really taken the lead on pointing out when something has to be that way because Mommy is so sick, and Caleb follows Colin's lead.)

James brought home a rose for the kitchen table, because he couldn't bring himself to get me nothing, even at my insistence. (he's a real romantic that way) Even more romantic was his gesture in going to great lengths to buy me a sweet treat that didn't have chocolate in it. Do you know how hard that is at Valentines? Unfortunately, my babies never agree with chocolate of any sort, so I must give it up completely during pregnancy (SO HARD!)

But the best Valentines gift of all was seeing the love of my life playing around on the living room floor with the three little loves of my life, all in fits of laughter and giggles. Now that is what love is all about.

No comments: