Sunday 10 April 2011

More exciting things

Oh, I am going to be so busy, and I am loving it! Another project about to get off the ground - something I've been wanting to do forever! Some friends and I will finally be starting a Mommy group. In one room they will give moms a chance to talk about questions they have, and to hear guest speakers on everything from breastfeeding to sleep training to making baby food to exercising. And in the other room... I will finally get to run free music classes for toddlers and preschoolers! I have been wanting to do this for so long, but I just couldn't figure out how to run a class with Caleb and Benjamin in tow. This format will allow some of my good friends to keep an eye out for my boys in the other room while I offer the music classes.

I have such a passion for music, and music classes are so expensive these days that they are often out of reach for most parents. I think this is such a shame. Everyone should have access to music. Aas a piano teacher, I never encourage formal instrument lessons (even piano) before about the age of 8. I think the most important music lessons a child under 8 can have is learning to love music. My training through the Royal Conservatory of Music taught me some great ways kids can learn the basics of music theory through singing and games. So now, to add to my list of projects, I'm going to be pulling out all my books and starting some lesson plans.


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay! Let me know where and when...I'd LOVE a place to take the boys on Fridays that offered some sort of music component. Both of my boys are growing to be music lovers, and I love it!

Terri-Ann said...

Looks like it might be Mondays right now...but if it changes I'll let you know for sure!