Friday 4 June 2010

I know I'm lucky

I know how lucky I am. I have three boys who still all nap together in the afternoon.

I know how lucky I am that Caleb has always asked for a nap when he gets tired. Truly. We have been out at the park and he simply stops playing, comes over to me, and says "I want to go home and have a nap."

But I didn't know how lucky I really am until today. We had arrived home after a morning play and picnic lunch at the park. I just wanted to get some bread into the breadmaker for dinner tonight, so I told the boys they had 5 minutes to play until we went up to bed. A few minutes later I noticed it was unusually quiet. Not only downstairs, but upstairs also. With a 2 year old and a 4 year old, this generally means trouble.

I darted upstairs to discover they had put themselves down for nap! Caleb had flipped on the fan, and both were tucked under their sheets, drowsy eyes waiting only for a quick story and kiss from me before drifting off.

I am so lucky.

No comments: