Tuesday 24 November 2009

Health update

Today I had my first of 5 appointments as my OB checks into my dizzy spells, breathing difficulties and exhaustion. It was a little scary - I am not one who is usually found in a doctor's office, and this was certainly the most invasive medical appointment for me to date. I am currently hooked up to a small monitor that sits in a purse over my shoulder by all those little circle stickies that you see on medical TV shows. It monitors the activity of my heart, and I have a little log that I have to keep about what I do during the day and how I feel. The tape is itchy and the monitor is cumbersome - especially when I try to sleep. I keep it on for 48 hours and then they analyze the data. More tests and appointments to follow in the next few days.

No comments: