Sunday 22 November 2009

A baby shower for my third baby

I was pleasantly surprised last week when I received an email from an acquaintance from the community band in which I play. The band has seen this pregnancy progress since the start, and some of the ladies wanted to throw me a baby shower!

Now, what on earth could I possibly need, seeing that this is not only my third baby, but my third boy at that? I wondered briefly, but let the thought pass, awash in gratitude for such a thoughtful gesture. They have all loved sharing in this experience with me, and just want to celebrate.

Then, today she passed along the invite to me (it has the date, time and location as a reminder for me!), and I saw that this is actually going to be a "freezer shower." I had never heard the term before, but as she explained it on the invitation, I was amazed at such a brilliant and perfect idea. The concept is that instead of a baby gift, everyone brings a dinner that I can throw into the freezer for when the baby comes, so that I'm adequately prepared to feed my family without having to tire myself out with yet another chore. And this is actually the perfect idea for a third baby! With one baby, you can grab a few minutes when he sleeps. With two, you can still generally coordinate naps. But now with three (plus a husband) - that's getting busy, and warming up a can of Scarios just won't cut it any longer.

I am so grateful for good friends with brilliant ideas. This one is definitely going on my list of excellent ideas for the future.

No comments: