Wednesday 7 October 2009

Random bits

Colin: "I wish Heavenly Father lived in our home."

***

When Caleb wakes up, he runs into our bedroom and pronounces: "All done (sleeping)!"

***

My nausea is taking another turn for the worse. Oh, and I am now suffering from migraines, but without the headache part. My only symptom: blindness. Not darkness, but everything in my field of vision becomes these wavy lines. I can still maneuver around the house, seeing through a small clear spot in the centre. But let me tell you - VERY SCARY the first few times it happened! Each episode lasts about an hour, after which I have a very mild headache. Worst part is I can't really do any driving more than around town, in case I have an episode and have to pull over!

***

Colin is (finally) on the road to toilet training. He is doing great when in underwear at home. I still send him in pull-ups to school, because he isn't quite that dependent yet, but I'm hoping that after this next week (no school until next Wednesday) he'll be good to go! Yay!

***

I am a wandering nomad in the land of literature. It's been over a week since I finished my last book and I haven't found anything I'm ready to sink my teeth into. I've thumbed through four or five different books, but nothing is sticking. Luckily "Walden" is seeing me through for just before bedtime, but I'm beginning to feel the effects of starvation...

***

Caleb appears to have the same spatial awareness that Colin has. He is already directing me around town. He completes puzzles without looking at either the piece or the space - he just remembers where they all go (even after only doing the puzzle once). Nothing is ever "out of sight, out of mind" - he can always remember where things were put or left.

***

Only nine weeks until I'm considered full term. That's not that long. Really - this is the first time I've truly felt like the end is in sight. I officially transferred from my doctor's prenatal care to the obstetrician today.

***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny you mention being 9 weeks until full term. I'm looking at your Baby Countdown on the side of your page and it says 28 weeks...I'm doing the math in my head and something tells me that it hasn't been updated in a while or my computer seriously sucks. Google pages have been wonky on my laptop lately.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Nevermind! I was reading the "to go" part twice. Duh. Don't mind me, I just spent 12 hours at school.