Tuesday 28 April 2009

Colinisms

Colin, on rainstorms:

"The rain painted the blue sky silver."

***

Getting ready for dinner, James lifted Colin up to the sink to wash his hands. The water splashed and wet Colin's sleeves, making for a very unhappy 3-year old. Trying to stop Colin from stripping off his shirt, James assured him it was only a little water and to please sit at the table to the blessing on the food. Colin repeatedly told James that he didn't like his shirt wet, and not to get it wet anymore. Ready for the blessing, Colin asked if he could say it:

"Dear Heavenly Father, we're thankful for this food. And Daddy will never, ever get my shirt wet while he's washing my hands again. Amen."

An indirect reprimand through prayer. It was all we could do to maintain reverence to the end of it.

***

Colin is enjoying using adjectives in his vocabulary. Unfortunately, he hasn't quite got the knack or definitions down yet. Here are some gems:

"I'm too lazy to walk." (he means tired)
"Mommy, I put my shoes on. I'm so proud of you!"

No comments: