Wednesday 12 November 2008

Lima beans

Last night for dinner (after I started a recipe and misjudged the preparation time) I made pizza and homemade french fries. For Caleb I also cooked up some frozen mixed vegetables.

Colin looked longingly at the bowl of veggies. "Mommy, could I please have some vegetables?"
Like he has to ask twice. I scooped a good helping onto his plate. He rummaged through the pile and found what he was looking for...one lone lima bean, as though it were a Willy Wonka Golden Ticket.

"Mommy - look! A lima bean! I got a bean, Mommy! Oh, it's my favourite!"

He held the precious find for a moment and then savoured the flavour as he popped it in his mouth. He then proceeded to clean his plate of the vegetables. James ended up with Colin's french fries, and the pizza went untouched back into the fridge. I love it.

Caleb, on the other hand, felt the only useful purpose of his pile of vegetables was target practice on the floor.

No comments: