Monday 22 September 2008

First steps


Yesterday Caleb took his first steps. I thought he might be an early walker. He has been so eager to catch up with Colin. He actually walked holding onto our hands or furniture before he started crawling. As we all sat playing in our playroom last night, Caleb stood holding onto one of his favourite toys (see photo), dancing up a storm to the sounds it makes. Then, seeing me sitting across the room, he simply let go and walked over to me, about six or seven steps. Completely balanced, slow, deliberate steps! It took me by surprise. He loves to motor around holding himself up on furniture, and I just figured his first steps would be a few between furniture pieces. But this event took place simply because he saw something he wanted (me) and came over to get it.

As we bubbled over Caleb and his accomplishment, Colin (true to older brother form) exclaimed: "I can walk too!" then proceeded to crawl around the room on all fours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great story! I love the bit about Colin too. Kids are so funny. Thanks for that!

mommy's thoughts! said...

That is so funny, cause did the same thing, lol. He would walk like a little baby and then fall on the ground. Aren't they so cute.