Monday 11 August 2008

Conversations with Colin

I wondered how long it would take for this one to come along:

Colin: Mommy, I want to drink from your tummy.
Mommy: Drink from my tummy?
Colin: I want some milk from your tummy. (pointing to my breasts)
Mommy: (stifling laughter) Only babies drink milk from Mommy. We can get you some from the fridge.

***
At bedtime, Colin usually takes a sippy cup of water to bed with him:

Colin: Oh! We left my water downstairs.
Mommy: Actually, we're not going to bring the water to bed anymore, because soon you're going to start wearing underwear! So let's just do our kiss and a hug instead.
Colin: Let's just pretend, then. Take a drink of water! (mimes drinking from a cup) Now a big kiss and a hug! (throws himself at me). And now to bed.

So much easier than I thought it would be!

***

Colin: Where's Daddy?
Mommy: Honey, he's still at-
Colin: No! Not honey, sweetie.
Mommy. Sorry hon- sweetie. He's still at work.

No comments: