Tuesday 24 June 2008

Colinisms

"Daddy! Your cell phone is ringing!"
(I think it's hilarious that the word "cell phone" is in my two-year old's vocabulary)

***

"I'm just working right now."
(work = sorting pieces of fabric, playing with a game, inspecting a pencil, etc.)

***

Guess what, Mommy? The wise man built his house on the rock, and then the rains came down and the floods came up, and the house stood still. And the foolish man built his house on the sand, and the rains came down and the floods came up, and the house on the sand washed away."
(Based on a song he learned at church. But Colin narrated this to me as though he had witnessed the event!)

***

"...because..."
(Colin is not only speaking in full sentences, he is now combining two thoughts with the word "because". Ex: I need some Cheerios because my tummy is grumbling and I am hungry.")

***

"Um..."
(He always starts his answers to a question with this now. We nearly die from laughter each time, because he says it with such purpose, as though this was the most important part of the answer!)

No comments: