Tuesday 20 May 2008

Homekeeper Challenge #7

Ever come across motivational talks that knock your socks off? Ones that are filled with kernels of truth in every sentence? Ones that you know if you could only apply to your life things might go a little more smoothly? Our church has what we term a "General Conference" twice a year, which involves motivational talks given by different leaders. There is also a yearly women's conference, in which the talks are geared specifically to women. This week I decided to find five or six of the ones that spoke to me most, burn them to a CD, and then listen to the CD while I do things around the house like cooking or cleaning, or the few times I'm actually in the car.

You've all read numerous times about how pitiful my memory is, so I 'm hoping that through repetition some of their words of wisdom might start to stick!

Here are the ones that I chose (transcripts and mp3s are available online):

"Mothers Who Know" Julie B. Beck
"My Soul Delighteth in the Things of the Lord" Susan W. Tanner
"Daughters of God" M. Russell Ballard
"What Latter-day Saint Women Do Best: Stand Strong and Immovable" Julie B. Beck
"Strengthen Home and Family" Mary N. Cook
"Three Goals to Guide You" Thomas S. Monson
"A Mother Heart" Julie B. Beck

No comments: