Tuesday 29 April 2008

My little nook

Mothers, isn't it wonderful the role we have been entrusted with? Each day we build our homes, a little nook in this ever-growing world. We create a haven for our families, a safe place for our children to run to. We foster a loving environment, a place of learning and loving and living and laughing. These four walls are all mine, for me to make what I want within them. What I let in is of my choosing, a responsibility the largeness of which does not escape me. I foster the mood, create the atmosphere, and set the standard. I have little control of the world spinning outside, but here, in my home, is a space that is all mine. I pray for the courage, knowledge, spirit, and energy to fulfill all my dreams for this house, and that that in turn fulfills the dreams of my children.

No comments: