Friday 19 October 2007

What I love most...

To be fair, what I love most about our new place changes weekly, if not daily. But lately, it's been...my washer and dryer! Yes, that's right. I realize how lame that can sound, but it's true. In the apartment, laundry was an event that took up half of a day. I had to sort out our five or six loads and cart it all down to the basement. I hoped that no one else was doing laundry at the same time, or it meant adding an extra hour onto an already time-consuming chore. I had to remember to keep our laundry card full, or run back upstairs to get a credit card to fill it. I threw everything in the washer, then went back upstairs. Then come back to switch it over to the dryer. Then come back to pull it out and fold it all - 6 loads at one time. There was no point waiting around to add fabric softener, so the clothes never smelled as nice as they did when I was living at home. And there was pretty much only one or two setting choices.

So now I have my new energy-efficient, fabric softener-taking, multiple-setting washer and dryer and I love it! I can throw a load in whenever I want, and I never have to worry about doing more than one at a time. Amazingly, laundry doesn't feel like a chore anymore.

(Sorry to those of you who were utterly bored by this entry - but as it's my blog, I get to decide what's exciting to me!)

No comments: