Wednesday 18 July 2007

Be Still...

"Be still, and know that I am God."

How often do we take a moment to just be still? Too often I'm rushing from one task to the next, dashing from one spot to another, rolling down a hill on which I gather more and more speed. Even reflective moments seem to have self-imposed time limits which allow my thoughts nothing more than guided flow.

Tonight I'm sitting still, with all the electronic noise turned off, and letting myself just be. I'm not even trying too hard to listen to anything specific. I'm not allowing my thoughts to be guided or interrupted. I'm taking as deep a breath as I can and being still.

It's not easy, but my mind and body are grateful, needing the moment of stillness. I cannot define how I am being helped - perhaps it is some sort of re-balancing within. But I have found truth in these words of wisdom. I read and study and ponder during "scheduled" times of the day, but the activity is always rushed to its close. Now I am learning how to really find truth.

No comments: