Thursday 1 March 2007

Connecting to the World

My husband James and I were recently talking about our family, and how far spread we all are. From Australia to British Columbia, and even from London ON to Bobcaygeon ON, we don't have the opportunity to be in touch daily with many family members.

Then today, an old friend emailed us and referred us to her blog to catch up with her life. The email plus James' and my previous conversation connected immediately. Creating a blog of our own is the perfect way to let our friends and family in on our "daily treasures". And with a one-year old for entertainment, we certainly have many!

I have never been great at keeping to a daily schedule. Our life never seems to go along with the plans we make. However I am hoping that, for at least the near future, I will be able to keep a regular journal of the life and adventures of the Gawthroupe family!

For those of you who have not seen us lately, here are a few photos to start off with.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I just wanted to tell you how wonderful I think this is! When Victoria (Courtnay) was a baby I began writing in a journal sharing my thoughts, feelings, her milestones and all the little things that slip from our memories over time. I've kept it up all these years for both Victoria and Julia, and although at times I didn't write as much as I wanted to, I didn't give up and it has now become a treasured history of their lives that they love to look back on. Looking forward to your future entries, Tricia Mitchell